It’s time to spring ahead. You move your clocks forward and lose an hour of sleep. Then, you walk around in a fog for the next three days when the sun doesn’t rise and set when it “should.” Use these quick tips for keeping your energy up and making the change with ease. These tips also work anytime you need an energy boost.
1. Hydrate & Fuel Up Right
- Drink more water, not more caffeine
- Eat less sugar-filled foods
- Eat extra protein and fiber
2. Sleep Catch-up: Plan Ahead
- Go to bed a half hour earlier than usual and wake up on time the next morning
- Turn off all screens two hours before bed to help you wind down. *Great time for a family board game night
- Take a 10-minute power nap after lunch
3. Work Out to Get Your Blood Pumping
- Plan to go to the gym Sunday and Monday morning
- Take a walk (instead of napping) after lunch
- Stretch at your desk every hour or so
Bonus tip: use affirmations to convince yourself you’ve got energy to spare. Try this one: “I am alert and full of energy!”
These tips will help you keep a spring in your step even with the lost hour. Comment below with your favorite energy boosting tip.